Sunday, April 30, 2017

Sunday, April 30th: 7:09 AM.

The weather will keep us closed for another day at the Shelton location.  I am assuming you will have the same situation at the Aurora store.  We have rolled our fabric roofs as they will not withstand any snow load.  We are hoping the 3-8 inches of wet snow does not happen--but we prepare.  Our larger concern now is that if we see heavy snow there will be wide spread power outages.  We will test fire all generators and make sure we are prepared.  As unusual as this may seem, this has happened twice before in our 26 year history.  We tend not to worry about the cold as we can heat, we tend not to worry about the snow as we can cover, but we do worry about 50 mph winds because there is only so much you can do to hold a plastic cover down in a 50 mph wind.  The wind will also amplify the power outage concern.  The sun will return, the ground will dry, and mama robin will be able to safely leave her nest to find food.  Until then, stay warm everybody!

As I have said in the past, "Don't take your long johns off till Mother's Day".

No comments:

Post a Comment