Saturday, April 30, 2022

April 30th, 6:47 AM

 Tough decisions.  We are closed until noon today.  At noon we will reassess the weather conditions and decide if we will open for the balance of the day.  We apologize for any inconvenience and want you to know why we have made this decision.

1.  We must protect our product from 50 mph winds.  It beats it to crap and it's one week before Mother's Day.  We must protect the quality of our crop.

2.  We need to stock product to the highway.  I don't pay kids enough money to ride on a tractor, in the rain, in 50 mph winds.  I would never expect them to do that for me.  If I was 16 and the boss told me we're going to get soaking wet and then drive down the road on a cab less tractor in 50 mph winds, I'd tell him to go pound sand.  I want to keep the kids that work for me healthy.  Don't need no sickness!

3.  If we move product in this wind, it breaks the zip ties that hold our tags on.  We lose our pricing pricing.

We will update this blog at 11:45 today to state our intentions for afternoon.

This has been a tough year.  I'm going home and plant melons, squash, and cucumbers and hope that we will have better days in the very near future.  We are pleased that it rained!


No comments:

Post a Comment