What a weekend. As of this post we are hoping the worst of it is over. We plan to open on Monday at 12:00 noon. We will access in the morning and may change this opening time so check here for updates on Monday morning.
Thank You
Clark
Sunday, April 30, 2017
Sunday, April 30th: 7:09 AM.
The weather will keep us closed for another day at the Shelton location. I am assuming you will have the same situation at the Aurora store. We have rolled our fabric roofs as they will not withstand any snow load. We are hoping the 3-8 inches of wet snow does not happen--but we prepare. Our larger concern now is that if we see heavy snow there will be wide spread power outages. We will test fire all generators and make sure we are prepared. As unusual as this may seem, this has happened twice before in our 26 year history. We tend not to worry about the cold as we can heat, we tend not to worry about the snow as we can cover, but we do worry about 50 mph winds because there is only so much you can do to hold a plastic cover down in a 50 mph wind. The wind will also amplify the power outage concern. The sun will return, the ground will dry, and mama robin will be able to safely leave her nest to find food. Until then, stay warm everybody!
As I have said in the past, "Don't take your long johns off till Mother's Day".
Saturday, April 29, 2017
Saturday, April 29th: 7:46 AM
In an attempt to maintain the quality of our product we will be closed today. With the 90% chance of rain we have covered all product in an effort to keep it dry and warmer.
I don't think there has ever been a spring where we have closed 2 days in a row. Tomorrow's forecast for snow will probably mean we will be closed on Sunday also. We will post updates on Sunday morning.
Thank you for your understanding as we move through this weather system. Hoping for clear skies and sunshine in the very near future.
Thanks
Clark
I don't think there has ever been a spring where we have closed 2 days in a row. Tomorrow's forecast for snow will probably mean we will be closed on Sunday also. We will post updates on Sunday morning.
Thank you for your understanding as we move through this weather system. Hoping for clear skies and sunshine in the very near future.
Thanks
Clark
Friday, April 28, 2017
Friday, April 28th: 5:53 PM
The forecast for the weekend sounds nasty. At this time we plan to be closed for the entire weekend. If the weather or forecast changes we may open. Check this blog often to find out for sure or always feel free to call me or Kelli. Our cell numbers are posted at www.bumpuppot.com.www.bumpuppot.com
Friday, April 28th: 2:29 PM
Closed for the day. It's miserable out here!!!!
Friday, April 28th: 8:54 AM
Rain and cold here today in Shelton. I've said it many, many times. You can grow plants wet and you can grow plants cold BUT you cannot grow them wet and cold at the same time. Many plants do not like wet and cold and for this reason we will not roll covers and open today until later. We will see what the weather is doing at 1:00 pm and make a new post on this blog to decide if we will open this afternoon.
Thursday, April 27, 2017
Thursday April 27th: 8:19 AM
The Shelton location will open at 11:00 AM today due to the cold.
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)